Monday, December 22, 2014

Poems by JoAnne Myers

Hello, I am still posting at TRS Christmas party. Please do try and stop by and vote for your favorite author participating in the event.  www.trs.com
 
 
ACHIEVED THROUGH STRIFE

In this bleak life of mine,
I walk the dark alleys of broken dreams.
A darkened corridor of lost tomorrows,
within a collage of unraveled seams.
My life simmered like a bad stew.
Hidden within a clutter of tear stained cheeks.
Living in darkness, an unbridled soul.
Torn between life and death, my future seemed bleak.
Despair cowered behind my eyes.
Once beautiful, I was left aged and alone.
Reflections in my sea of tears,
reminded me I was forgotten and solitary.
Stumbling over common life hurdles,
like a babe learning to crawl.
Losing everything to my lustful addictions,
of fear, failure, and shame.
Lost control of what was mine.

That poison controlled me for a while.
It felt bad and made me cry.
As emotional pain went on for miles.
I found courage with family and friends.
No more shadows, cold or rain.
The venom that once ruled my life,
is a faded memory I achieved through strife.

* * * *

THE UNEMPLOYMENT OFFICE


I wait patiently with the others,

and pray they choose me.

The one with the children and rent to pay.

The one who searches the want ads each day.

The one who will make beds or answer the phones.

The one who has three kids and lives on her own.

There’s only room for one more,

as another unwanted is discarded through the door

Each one with the look of fear or joy on their face.

All hoping for the same small slim chance.

Are they here, because they must?

Some seem so out of place.

They stab our hearts with another hope,

of cruel words I don’t want to hear.

They say they are here to help,

but offer nothing solid for under the belt.

The uncertainty I had, now subsides to lust.
My dreams of a job, now turns to dust.

So I put on my happy fake face.

The one that gets me through all the long days.

I wipe off the tears before I walk through the door.

My life has never seemed so empty before.
I tell my babies I love them and that life is unfair.

Then go about my life, pretending I don’t care.
Reality has now completely taken hold.
I’ve already spend the money from everything I’ve sold.
My head is spinning, don’t know what to do.

Cant give up though, ‘cause my kids are to precious to lose.
My fear of failure was not my imagination.
As my inner voice says you’re a beautiful creature.
The world is an evil place, filled with pain, hate, must.
My day was fruitless, filled with perfect disgust.
They stand there gloating at my futile attempt,

to provide for my children and earn a living.
A evil smile slashes across their face,

like an infected wound.
Their masterpiece is complete.

They can move on to their next evil feat.
No remorse, no regret, not a single trace.

Just breaking spirits in their usual hostile ways.

* * * *

Buy Link:http://outskirtspress.com/bookstore/1478734760.html.

Author Bio:
I have been a long-time resident of southeastern Ohio, and worked in the blue-collar industry most of my life. Besides having several novels under my belt, I canvas paint.

When not busy with hobbies or working outside the home, I spend time with relatives, my dog Jasmine, and volunteer my time within the community. I am a member of the International Women’s Writing Guild, Savvy Authors, Coffee Time Romance, Paranormal Romance Guild, True Romance Studios, National Writers Association, the Hocking Hill's Arts and Craftsmen Association, The Hocking County Historical Society and Museum, and the Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center. I believe in family values and following your dreams. My original canvas paintings, can be found at:
booksandpaintingsbyjoanne.com

Other books by Jo Anne:

"MURDER MOST FOUL" a detective/mystery anthology

"LOVES', MYTHS' AND MONSTERS'," a fantasy anthology

"THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY," a biography true-crime

“WICKED INTENTIONS” a paranormal anthology

"TWISTED LOVE," a true-crime anthology

“FLAGITIOUS,” a crime/mystery anthology

Contact Jo Anne:
Email: joannemyers@frontier.com

Amazon Author Page:
http://amazon.com/author/joannemyers

Facebook Author Page:
http://facebook.com/authorpage.joannemyers

Website: Books and Paintings by JoAnnehttp://www.booksandpaintingsbyjoanne.com

Blogs:
Books and Paintings by JoAnne:
http://www.booksandpaintingsbyjoanne.com/page2

JoAnne Myers' WordPress Blog:http://joannemyerswordpressblog.wordpress.com/

Jo Anne’s Postings: https://joannemyers.wordpress.com/

Jo Anne’s Blog:
http://joannemyers.blogspot.com/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment